Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Digital Scape Write Up Final

Animation:Full Size




Woo. I'm pretty happy with the results that I have from my final animation of my digiscape. It has been a long journey from sketch to fully animated form. I ran into a lot of problems when animating some of my elements because majority of what I wanted to do could only be done with the help of action scripting. I think it would've been a nice element with the aid of action scripting to have different particles of the spore launching around screen when clicked on the stage. I feel that there is still some much needed tweaking to be done on the timing of each element as they move from frame to frame. Something that will allow the transition to be a little smoother. I planned big and although I didn't get it personally there with all the big movie star effects I wanted...I still had to tell myself this is suppose to be a basic animation showing our knowledge of the lessons. The one thing I regret not including was the shadows as the suns roll by. I tried to get those right but it just looked as if the shadow transitions were too choppy. If you have any ideas on how I may be able to fix this then please tell me.

6 comments:

anthoneycarter said...

I really enjoy the look and feel of this piece. The only major problem I can see if the tweening of the plant-like elements that grow at the beginning needs some fixing. It's very sketchy and doesn't flow well. Not sure of the narrative of the piece either and where things go at the end since it doesn't seem to loop. But overall, very nice.

ericHUBER said...

Nice terrestrial plane. It does have a nice feel. like we landed in a good season.

Some of the tweening could be smoother and having the things grow out of the ground in a more "believable" sense i suppose.

I like the use of the arm with the sun, it can be smoothed up and made more interesting as well.

Roger roger

wyatt said...

lots of cool stuff going on. think all the different motions should be arranged more smoothly

DaKoda Davis said...

:: Q ::

I really wish you could have seen your particles tracing everywhere as we had discussed prior. However the additions you have made work very nicely. The 'sun' has a lot of potential to do some more interactivity. Perhaps when you touch it it could change in some way.

shaw said...

Having your objects grow from the ground up was a good idea and implemented well. There is some smoothing to the animations that could be done, and it might be a good idea to maybe consider easing out of your animation at different speeds when the trees grow and plants grow. For me, the way they grow now kind of breaks up the depth of the piece to an extent. This isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, especially if this is what you're going for. I will also say that any depth that is lost with that is gained with your particle effects. The different sized dots make my eye wander across the piece.

I do wish you maybe still had the shadows, only to see the sun interact with the rest of the landscape, but again, i'm nitpicking. Overall awesome job.

Jordan said...

So this is what you were holding out on us last week?

Man it's fresh

I wish the dust was constant through out the entire thing. Like I wish it Didn't stop and I also think it might be cool if each plant grew at a different speed.

you know to symbolize the economy and the war on teenage pregnancy and terrorism and junk....teachers dig that kind of stuff