Wednesday, October 8, 2008

ASS IN MEANT RIGHT UP

Animation:
Revised Full Size
Full Size





Overall I enjoyed making this little animation because I was able to focus on one of the aspects of Dante's Purgatorio. I recommend the book to anyone that hasn't read it yet. I tried to keep the coding simple and the animation to a minimum. Didn't want to overwork myself. The hard part was basically making frame by frame for a lot of it in Illustrator so it could have a particular style. I added different subtle effects on the second scene but I don't know if it will show up. One thing I just found out was that the fonts on the computer wasn't the same as the one of my computer so some of my text is messed up. I can just re upload the file later with the corrections.

7 comments:

Ms. Singleton said...

I wouldn't of known to click around in the sky to get there. ??? Im pretty bad at computer games anyways.

Anonymous said...

Very random and interesting. Only thing I can suggest is to work on the interactivity aspect, parts of it are a bit unclear as what to do or why.

shaw said...

I does look like a unified composition. Very finished. I have not read the book, but the flash is entertaining. All of the little details are nice as well. Consider (if you have a message), the best way to explain the content of the book to the user if the user has not read the book. I read it kind of as this entity passing on to the next life, but perhaps i'm thinking too hard. =P

ericHUBER said...

interesting looking little tid bit.

its so attractive im afraid it left me wanting more though

DaKoda Davis said...

I was playing this, and because I didn't know where to click and drag, I was having a bit of trouble. The color palette is very easy to follow, being black and white, but also that the elements change making it interesting too. I found it to be very fun, but I wasn't familiar with content of the book. I think maybe making the interactions a bit more specified could help the user. Overall, very nicely presented. Nice red glow to your angel in the end.

Jordan said...

Aesthetically the piece looks tight.
I would make the cues to get from one place from another slightly easier to find.

anthoneycarter said...

This is a pretty cool animation, but really hard to figure out how to navigate. but I kind of enjoy that quality, but it definitely took me a bit to figure out what was going on.